My Takeaway Messages from the Microsoft Australia Partner Conference 2015 2015
This was my first year attending Microsoft Australia Partner Conference (APC). As a newbie, I had no idea what to expect. I spent three days in Gold Coast and all of my colleagues thought I was on holiday – I have to prove them wrong! In fact, I was making connections and learning new ideas. If you missed this APC, please read on and be inspired!
The conference aimed to support partners to build a better business. My interest is in business development and marketing, hence I attended numerous sessions on both topics.
- The importance of purpose and vision
- Live better does not mean you need to work harder.
- Develop and communicate your vision
- How to get the best out of your people (people development)
- Positive attitude generates better outcomes
- Understand different personality (DISC model) and how they communicate
- Use unique coaching plan for individual team members
- People need frequent recognition
- Develop “Purpose > Mastery > Autonomy” employment model
- Coaching model: Goal > Reality > Option > Way forward
- Principle of coaching
- Impartial and focus
- Support ambition
- Time and discipline in coaching process
- Clear goals = better performance team