illuminance Solutions, a technology consultancy with a focus on social impact, is looking for an experienced full-time copywriter to support the company’s rapid growth. illuminance, which has its headquarters in Perth, has built a reputation for its commitment to bridging the digital divide and striving to achieve a more equitable and sustainable future for all. Employees at illuminance come from 23 different countries and include new migrants, refugees, Indigenous Australians, seniors and people with disability. The company has been awarded for its multiculturalism, diversity and inclusion on several occasions, including the Western Australian Multicultural Business Awards 2021.
As such, we are looking for a copywriter who is both skilled at presenting ideas and committed to our values of equality and inclusiveness.
You will be responsible for developing a broad range of marketing, communication and PR content. Content will vary from letters, ministerial communications and email campaigns, to grant and industry award applications, to advertisements, posters and flyers, to digital and social content, to speeches and case studies, to articles, white papers and blogs.
You will be required to simultaneously manage multiple projects with short deadlines and offer your own creative ideas, while establishing a voice and approach that extends across all illuminance content. As a creative thinker, you will be asked to propose copy ideas and present illuminance’s underlying strategic thinking to business leaders.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Write social media content that reflects our brand’s voice
- Collaborate with our Head of Marketing to develop a variety of content marketing materials
- Produce clean, clear content that adheres to the company’s style guidelines and support various teams with copywriting, editing and proofreading support
- Interpret creative direction and adapt points from creative briefs into persuasive copy concepts
- Develop copywriting briefs for the delivery of creative content on client accounts
- Create social captions and copy for advertising material
- Conduct brand research relevant to copy output
- Carry out continual market research to stay on top of trends within the industry
- Actively interface with and build relationships with key stakeholders including business analysts, consultants, media, and other groups influencing public opinion to position illuminance in line with its brand and business strategy
- Manage the editorial calendar to maximise media coverage and develop proactive ideas for outreach
Qualifications and Skills
The successful candidate will:
- Have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in marketing or communications
- Be a creative thinker with the confidence to present ideas
- Be social media savvy, with a solid understanding and proficiency with management of social media platforms
- Have experience with digital marketing
- Be able to work in a fast-paced environment with strong time management and organisational skills and the ability to prioritise tasks
- Demonstrate excellent attention to detail and strong written and verbal communication skills
- Have proficiency with Microsoft Office software, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Communicator, and Outlook
- Demonstrate exceptional skill with the nuances of social media writing, including the use of hashtags, emojis and acronyms
- Have a solid understanding of SEO concepts is preferred
As a multicultural business with a reputation as a leader in seeking to ensure diversity and inclusion in the workplace, we expect our employees to embrace and commit to our vision, values, and objectives. As an employee of illuminance, you will be expected to adhere to our code of conduct, policies, and procedures, as well as relevant legislation and standards. That means a commitment to building trusted relationships with colleagues and clients, and to demonstrating cultural sensitivity.
You will also be expected to demonstrate a commitment to ongoing personal and professional development.
Personal Social Media Advocacy
illuminance Solutions actively encourages the promotion of the company through all avenues available to attain and maintain the current goals, objectives, and viability of the business. We also encourage the rebroadcast of appropriate materials as supported, issued, or approved by the company via any employee’s personal social media outlet.
We also encourage and support employee advocacy as an important part of this process.
What We’re Offering You
We know that today’s progressive workforce is looking for more than a “job”. People want to be paid for their expertise, but they also want to feel valued and be part of a community that is striving to make a difference. Crucially, they want to know that what they do matters. That’s important for all of us at illuminance, too. Our offer to the right candidate includes:
- Salary ranging from $85k to $95k, depending on experience
- A flexible working environment that ensures good work-life balance
- Engaged, fun, inclusive and socially conscious work environment
Be part of a team that has been recognised as a true change agent and a leader both in technology and in driving social impact!
Learn more about illuminance and its founder Nilesh Makwana and become part of our progressive team.
Please submit your application along with a one-page cover letter to express how you fulfil the essential and desirable requirements. Applications with a cover letter will be prioritised.
Please note that full permanent Australian working rights are required to be considered for this position. Your application will be assessed within 10 working days, however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
illuminance Solutions is a Microsoft Gold Partner and a 2019 Microsoft Global Partner of the Year: Partner for Social Impact.