Banjima Native Title Aboriginal Corporation
Better governance, transparency, better community outcome
As a young organisation, Banjima Native Title Aboriginal Corporation (BNTAC) is appointed to help the Banjima People achieve their goals in life by becoming the central point of contact to support the needs of members and the broader community.
Its vision is the Banjima People, a proud identity focused on strong culture, are healthy and secure with diverse life choices and the ability to determine their own future. The foundation centres on strong culture, community unity and effective governance.
BNTAC came to illuminance asking for assistance to help it set up and develop systems, processes and procedures from scratch, they needed to be well designed to serve it well into the future. BNTAC was in search for a service provider who had experience in working within the sector and who valued the use of technology with empathy to drive social improvement within the community.
When BNTAC decided to collaborate with illuminance Solutions, the organisation was faced with several challenges and limitations such as:
- BNTAC was reliant on a 3rdparty trustee to manage their funds and fund applications, which gave less insight and control over the day to day operations than BNTAC desired to best serve their members. The restricted insight into the processes increased the amount of data handling and duplication, and therefore the cost of operations.
- BNTAC was in the process of building their member services team to improve and broaden services provides. It quickly became evident that a certain level of digital literacy and general computer skills were required without knowing exactly what business processes they were going to need to support into the future.
- BNTAC was faced with the classic conundrum during business growth, where two separate business needs each depended upon the other.
With the brief to enable BNTAC to provide services to the Banjima People independently, illuminance Solutions led the design of a system that manages the membership of the Banjima People and delivery of a well-defined process to deliver services with the care and due diligence befitting of this organisation.
The solution centres on Dynamics 365 Customer Engagement and the Common Data Model, drawing on support from other Microsoft Cloud Platform components such as the Office 365 suite, Power BI and Microsoft Azure. This holistic solution was designed to help Indigenous Corporations self-manage member services with the flexibility to address nuanced cultural differences between language groups. Fund applications are processed, and funds distributed with the primary goal of the continual improvement of the lives of the Banjima People, while ensuring regulatory compliance needs are met.
illuminance Solutions was able to leverage the out-of-the-box functionality and non-profit licensing and sponsorship provided by Microsoft provide an effective and affordable solution with the following functionality:
- Microsoft Dynamics 365 Customer Engagement to provide
- Constituent management
- Funds management
- Fund application management
- Advocacy and support management
- Member communication tracking via email and SMS
- Contextual document storage using Microsoft SharePoint integration with Dynamics 365 Customer Engagement.
- Member portal for beneficiaries to submit, track progress and archive fund applications, as well as other self-service facilities built on Microsoft Dynamics 365 Portals.
- Bird’s eye view dashboards and reports to drill down into the details of fund distribution and other operational statistics using Microsoft Power BI.
- Reliable integration into 3rdparty services, including financial systems and SMS gateways, using easy to maintain serverless resources on the Microsoft Azure platform.
The Dynamics 365 Customer Engagement solution provides BNTAC’s member services team the information they need to carry out their daily responsibilities and tasks in a more efficient manner. The Dynamics 365 Portals member portal will be the community facing tool for members to access BNTAC’s information and services at any time on any device, leveraging the standard responsive nature on mobile devices, broadening the communication options available to members.
Power BI dashboards and reports enable the management and board members to make better decision and trust they are meeting compliance needs, with always up to date data that is easy to interpret and understand through meaningful visualisations. The visual representation helps elders of the community better understand the fund distribution to members and ensure the process remains fair.
BNTAC has taken giant and significant steps in their journey to be a “one-stop-shop” for the Banjima People. The systems and processes implemented have achieved a higher level of independence as well as the confidence to progress further on their journey. illuminance Solutions is very appreciative on being included so far and gaining more of an understanding of Australian Indigenous culture. In turn we are proud of being associated with BNTAC, whose strong vision and purpose is to make a difference within the community using technology effectively to realise very clear and tangible results.
“In 2018 BNTAC and illuminance Solutions embarked on a journey together to develop systems and processes to enable BNTAC to achieve compliance in its distributions of charitable funds and importantly establish a high level of service to the Banjima people. Drawing on illuminance’s extensive industry knowledge and experience, we worked in partnership to create and build processes and systems, which have provide us with a comprehensive solution.
The implementation of illuminance Solution’s Aboriginal Trust Management System built on the Microsoft Dynamics 365 platform, has enabled BNTAC to quickly establish a service that drives efficiency and enables continual, incremental, refinement of the service we provide to the Banjima people.
We look forward to continuing this collaborative partnership with illuminance as we plan to further evolve our system as our knowledge and understanding of the platforms capabilities grows.”
Member Services Manager
Banjima Native Title Aboriginal Corporation
ATMS is a registered product and solution developed by illuminance Solutions, a Microsoft Gold Partner in collaboration with Australian Indigenous organisations and foundations to answer to their unique challenges.
For more information, visit the ATMS web page or contact us directly by clicking the “contact us” button below.
illuminance Solutions is a Microsoft Gold Partner and a 2019 Microsoft Global Partner of the Year: Partner for Social Impact.
How can we help?
If you have some questions or would like to get a quote, please get in touch!