AvantCare implementation to facilitate proactive NDIS compliance
MSWA understood the importance of systems and processes to enable NDIS compliance, and took a proactive approach to this issue – recognising the value that could be achieved by transitioning to a Microsoft Dynamics 365 environment.
At the heart of NDIS and consumer directed care reform is the change to the way in which services are delivered. A competitive model ensures that organisations will “compete” for the right to deliver services to a person with a disability.
MSWA understood the need to explore ways of improving client experiences and outcomes, and to find ways to meet changing client expectations. They also needed to ensure that processes and systems were sufficiently robust to sustain core MSWA business capabilities, and flexible enough to adapt to future market changes.
After completing analysis workshops with illuminance Solutions, MSWA undertook projects to:
- introduce a new client care solution based on Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Sales and SharePoint platforms;
- introduce a new scheduling and rostering system with a solution based on Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Field Service; and
- introduce AvantCare, a specialty Client Information Management System, Mobility Application and Client Web Portal solution.This multiple-component, cloud-based solution has significantly reduced the administrative burden and other costs associated with NDIS reform.
Tangible outcomes include:
- 50 percent reduction in rostering and coordination costs;
- 20 percent reduction in administration and reporting costs for support workers;
- up to 10 percent improvement in support worker utilisation,
- savings in timesheet validation costs of 2 full-time-equivalent workers; and
- 2 percent productivity increase between care teams (over 350 staff members),resulting in annual savings of $500,000.