Award-winning, Microsoft Partner and Highly Multicultural Organisation
illuminance Solutions is an innovative and dynamic technology consultancy that provides cutting-edge technology solutions for businesses always maintaining a focus on social impact. The company is looking for a User Experience Analyst & Tester to support the company’s rapid growth. While the company have built a solid client base in the non-profit sector over the last 8 years, it has recently diversified by taking on clients in the mining sector. By joining the illuminance team, you will have the opportunity to be part of an exciting diversification journey in a fast-growing organisation and make a meaningful impact on the lives of businesses and their customers. Our company culture emphasises collaboration, continuous learning, and professional growth, making it a supportive and challenging work environment.
illuminance, which has its headquarters in Perth, has built a reputation for its commitment to bridging the digital divide and striving to achieve a more equitable and sustainable future for all. Employees at illuminance come from 23 different countries all over the world and the company values diversity and inclusiveness, and strives to create a supportive work environment where everyone feels valued and respected. By working with a team of professionals from different backgrounds and with varied experiences from all over the world, you will have the opportunity to broaden your perspectives, learn new skills, and develop a more global mindset. The company’s commitment to diversity and inclusiveness in the community also makes it a welcoming place for all employees, regardless of their background or culture. At the end of 2022. illuminance in collaboration with West Tech Assemblage hosted the launch of The Digital Inclusion in WA Blueprint, an outline of strategic approaches and key initiatives to make WA a digitally inclusive State that was finalised and formalised by the WA Government after illuminance’s advocacy for digital inclusion and a need for the government to commit and apply a strategic approach to addressing digital disadvantage across the State.
The company and its team members has been awarded for its multiculturalism, diversity and inclusion on several occasions, including the Western Australian Multicultural Business Awards 2021 by the Department of Local Government, Sport and Cultural Industries and its Office for Multicultural Interests, The Microsoft Global Partner for Social Impact in 2019 and the 40 under 40 Award 2020 City of Perth Strategic Alignment Award.
We are committed to driving social impact through IP and product creation such as;
- AvantCare for the Disability and Aged care sector
- Aboriginal Trust Management System (ATMS) for Native Title Trusts and Corporations
- Membership and Associations Management System (MAMS) for membership-based organisations
- Mentorship Program Management System for Mentoring projects
Exciting News and Initiatives by illuminance
As a User Experience (UI/UX) Analyst and Tester, you will support the Functional and Manual testing requirements of applications working as member to achieve set project deliverables, provide on-going support and input to product development. You will guide and support our delivery team and deliver excellent customer service to our clients. The role requires excellent verbal and written communication skills as you will be collaborating across our various project teams to ensure accuracy, timeliness and success of projects as well as being customer-facing.
Responsibilities will include
Project and Product Testing
- Conduct user experience (UI) analysis and testing activities to evaluate the functionality, usability, and accessibility of applications
- Ongoing delivery of testing either directly, or indirectly through instructing another resource of the procedures including other staff (internal functional and end-to-end testing) or key users of a customer (UAT) as each project requires
- Oversight of the final finish of all projects produced to ensure and maintain a level of quality at least equal if not above customer expectation
- Working alongside business analysts, developers, systems engineers, and integration leads across design, implementation, integration and test phases
- Understand and work with user stories and features that are being implemented, validate them against functional and design specifications
- Ensuring First Time Quality is delivered by developing test plans and executing procedures within complex technical and programmatic environments
- Liaising with stakeholders regarding new releases/developments
- Detailed analysis and reporting on defects, followed with defect triage calls
- Full regression testing of environments when systems are upgraded
- Create, update, and maintain test cases
- Contribute to the creation and completion of requirements traceability matrix to measure test coverage to requirements
User Interface (UI) and User Experience (UX)
- Contributing to the development of detailed experience designs from project inception, through to build and launch
- Conducting user research activities including interviews, contextual inquiries, A/B testing, surveys and metrics analysis
- Contributing to the creation of UX deliverables including personas, scenarios, task flows, information architecture, prototypes, wireframes, mock-ups and interactive prototypes
- Contributing to the design of digital interfaces that embody core user experience principles whilst balancing the needs of customers and the business
- Planning and conducting face to face and remote usability studies of existing and proposed designs and documenting recommendations for improvement
- Conducting heuristic reviews of existing interfaces and document recommendations
Develop and Maintain Documentation
- Ensure incidents and problems are up-to-date
- Ensure all technical and non-technical documentation is up-to-date
- Contribute to management reports
Personal Social Media Advocacy
- illuminance Solutions actively encourages the promotion of the company through all avenues available to attain and maintain the current goals, objectives, and viability of the business
- Employee advocacy is viewed as an important part of this process
- illuminance Solutions therefore encourages the rebroadcast of appropriate materials as supported, issued, or approved by the company via any employee’s personal social media outlet
- Foster culture that aligns with our core values
- Respect and Integrity
- Honesty and Ethicality
- Collaboration and Communication
- Innovation and Creativity
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Recognition of Indigenous Culture
- Support a customer-centric culture
- Participate in an inspirational team environment with open communication
- Set clear goals
- Motivate and support other team members
- Demonstrate creativity and innovation and encourage others
- Suggest team building activities
illuminance Solutions expects staff to maintain their professional skills as outlined and detailed within an agreed ongoing professional development plan. The company will facilitate some of this; however, keeping up to date with industry changes is a standard component of any vocation.
You will be required to contribute to our internal training across the entire organisation at least once a quarter on any business-related topics.
Key Outcomes & Success Factors
- Deliver project on time, on budget and meet requirements
- Achieving high levels of customer satisfaction
- Demonstration of ownership of problems
- Reduced count of Incidents Raised by Known Errors
- Delivering projects within agreed timeframes
- Comply with departmental procedures and policies
Experience, Knowledge and Qualifications
- Demonstrated experience working in teams using Agile, DevOps methodologies to deliver complex projects.
- Must have experience of API Testing and automated testing used for Continuous Integration processes.
- Must have experience with testing of complex calculations to ensure correctness
- Strong knowledge of user-centred design methodologies and techniques
- Self-motivation with good communication and interpersonal skills
- Adhere to style standards on fonts, colors and images
- Desire to work with a highly skilled and motivated team, deliver high quality solutions to the customer.
- Advanced knowledge in Microsoft Office
- Strong work ethic, interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to build and rapport and maintain strong relationships with clients and internal team members
- Analytical thinking and attention to detail
- Team player
- Self-motivated and take ownership to resolve issues
- Experience working with wire-framing/prototyping tools
- Experience with mobile-first responsive design
- Minimum 2 years previous experience in a similar role
- Accredited qualification in User Experience, Interaction Design, Human Computer Interaction or similar will be highly regarded
Other Employer Requirements
Please submit your application along with a one-page cover letter to express how you fulfil the essential and desirable requirements. Applications with a cover letter will be prioritised.
Please note that Australian working rights are required to be considered for this position. Your application will be assessed within 10 working days, however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
illuminance encourages people from all walks of life to submit their application, including international students.
illuminance Solutions is a Microsoft Gold Partner and a 2019 Microsoft Global Partner of the Year: Partner for Social Impact.